Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 - messages stuck in outbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

loganaj

Technical User
Apr 11, 2002
US
Messages (with attachments, various sizes) stick in the Outbox for about 30 seconds

From what I've seen, this is normal depending on your connection to the mail server and the mail server software.

Look in Tools, Options, Internet E-Mail tab and check the amount of time Outlook connects to receive and send mail; this may be related to when your mail goes out of your Outbox.

Hi, I'm having the same problem...

When outgoing emails have attachments, they hang for minutes(!) in the outbox. The progress bar show about 1/3 is sent quickly (I'm guessing the email part), and then hangs on the attachment.

Any ideas if there's a program or parameter that is causing a delay in processing the attachment data?

Thanks for the suggestion desireeg, but I've checked and upload speed is good. Internet connectivity and emails without attachments are both quick. It's mostly .jpgs that are sent out, but I tested with a 30kb .doc and it hangs the same way. Attachments coming in don't cause it to hang like this.

Could this be a corruption outlook file?

Doctor2001:
I don't know of any settings in Outlook to cause this delay. Have you tried a reinstall? Do you have a virus checker that is checking your outgoing mail? Are there any other processes/apps running in the background that may affect your email?

Hope this helps!
Desiree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back