Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000: Have to reenter exchange server every time after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul3221

Technical User
Jan 5, 2005
US
Hi,
I've encountered a very wierd issue with Outlook 2000 on a Windows 2000 machine. Every time the user reboots, and goes into Outlook, she receives an error saying that she doesn't have permission to access her Inbox. If you look at the exchange server properties, they are all correct, and if you type the exact same servername over the one that is there, and then click OK, it will work. Very strange.
Has anyone encountered anything like this before? If so, do you remember the fix?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

I've encountered problems like this. I would check the Exhchange properties for Outlook (Right-click Outlook Icon>Properties>Microsoft Exchange Server), and make sure server name & mailbox name is correct there, can hit check name to confirm. Also, it helps to have the user use the same username and password for that machine that is used for Exchange, I have found. That way, network login occures as the machine boots.

-Chris
Starlight B. M.

The exchange information is already in there, and it is correct. The names are underlined and everything. What occurs is that we have to retype the exact same exchange server name in the available space (over top of the one that's already there), and then it works fine. Very strange. Her username and password are the same for exchange as for the domain also.
Thanks for the info though. I appreciate it...

Have you tried deleting that profile (exporting to file if needed for backup) from the Outlook client and setting it up again?

-Chris
Starlight B. M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back