Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 hangs when opening (minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeT

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2001
US
A hard drive crashed in one of our machines. I installed Win NT 4, and Office 2000 on a new hdd. When connecting to our Exchange Server, Outlook hangs for a long time, but eventually connects. It did not do this before, and is very frustrating. I have SP5 applied.

UPDATE:
In the event log of the email server, this particular user has MANY entries in the security log; logons and logoffs(all seconds apart) are SOLID for timespans of minutes.
What is happening?

Any chance there could be wrong settings in properies for the "Client for Microsoft Networking" in "network neighborhood"?

Is "Logon to Windows NT Domain" selected and required?

Is the default profile passing the correct username?

Just a thought...

Believe me, I triple checked them.
Any more thoughts or ideas?

Where is the user having their mail delivered? We have users here who have their mail delivered to their Personal folder rather than the Inbox. Though I highly discourage my users from doing this, they see this delay also. So to fix I switch their delivery to their Inbox in the delivery tab of the MS Exchange Settings Propertie page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back