Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 getting Errors When Receiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamoeller

MIS
May 20, 2003
US
I have a user on Windows XP using Outlook 2000. His system has been working fine. When he opens Outlook, a couple of messages are retrieved then an error. The error states it will send a report to Microsoft to find a fix. I did and I have applied all known patches for Outlook, tried to have the system repair itself and tried to re-install, but always get the error. I did install the free version of Incredimail and all messages were received which tells me the settings are OK since it took its setting from Outlook. Messages can be sent from Outlook.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.

what is the actual fault that the person gets ?
have you tried readding the mail account into outlook using a different username
ie leave the old one named Fred there create a new one called fred and make it default and see wether that works
alternatively create his mail using outlook express and see whether you get the error good luck and send the error please

I was in a hurry and did not get the error message copied. It has been a while since I have done desktop support. When I checked on it today, the user had made all kinds of changes and finally got it to work again. He has some computer knowledge and is a lawyer, and I was not able to get any information as to what he did. I do not think he actually remembers.

Thanks anyway and next time I will remember to write the error message down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back