Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 forwarding contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickS

MIS
Dec 6, 2001
CA
Hi, I am trying to forward a contact to another person. The person receives the email but the contact is not there. All there is is an envelope within the email which is empty. There is no exchnage server, purely internet mail. anybody ever seen this. Also i've tried many things (sending in all format (HTML, Outlook rich text...)..also sent in Uuencode format)still the same.

Help
Nick

Try sending as a vCard. In the contacts folder, select the contact you want to forward. Then, with the contact selected in the Action menu, forward as vCard.

Thanks Smah, i will try. Do you or anyone know why just forwarding a contact has the above mentioned problem.

nick

nick,
i do not know why just forwarding the contact does not work but i can give you an example of what i have found to be true...
If i forward an contact on my LAN mail, my users get the "contact" no problems BUT if i send it over the Internet the same way as just a "contact" it some how loses its properties for some reason, that is the way i see it.
Sending it as a "vcard" would be a way of "insuring" it stays that way when it gets sent off into the never regions.
Technically why it doesn't work probably has to do with when it is packaged up to go over the Internet as just an "contact". Not unlike a "vcard" which has different prop's and is able to keep it's prop's over the Net.
good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back