Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 Forward Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougieoz

MIS
Aug 11, 2005
GB
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone can help me with this ?
I have a user that is looking to automatically forward email to another internal user by creating a rule with rules wizard in outlook 2000.
I have tryed several ways to to do this by, subject, by sender and subject but to no sucessful resolution.
I will get maybe one out of every four forwarding or none at all.
I have tryed getting the user to log on to another machine and comparing the server-side rules to there current ones, and seeing if there is a conflict, but i dont see any.
I have read that in an MS KB article that is could be down to security, as outlook will not forward multiple received emails to another person, to prevent spam. Does anyone know if this is true ?
Another idea i though was to try a VB script for outlook, does anyone know where i could get the code for this scenario ? (as i am now much of a coder)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
D

A simple rule or set of rules should work fine. Are you trying to forward all messages or just some?

I Have tryed several rules.
One using the sender and subject
A single one with the subject and another for sender and another for content but to no avail.
I am trying to forward all email from this sender.

If you are trying to forward all mail, don't select any criteria (no subject, sender, content). When you go through the rules wizard, you will be warned that the rule will apply to all messages. It shoud end up looking like: 'Check messages when the arrive. for all messages forward to whomever'.

smah is right!If you want all mails to be fwded You only need to check 2 criterias (in conditions check for all messages,in action check forward to whomever it is) or you can even do this from your server if you re running your own email server by using content filter or modifying the acct users configurations

ok thanks guys,
I will try all that has been mentioned.
I appreciate the responses.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back