Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000, form is alphabetical when printed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhunji

Technical User
Feb 19, 2003
CA
Hi,

I'm trying to find out why an .oft file or outlook form is printing alphabetically instead of the way it is shown in the form...

something to do with the field chooser maybe?

Outlook forms print the variables alphabetically. You probably want to print the form as it looks, rather than print variable names and variable values.

To do this, you need to download XPrint, the setupex.exe file on the Microsoft page I've linked to. Close Outlook and run this plugin. As soon as you run the plugin, when you open forms, you'll be able to print the forms as they look rather than just the variables.

Quote "You probably want to print the form as it looks, rather than print variable names and variable values."

Ya, thats what I want it to do, but its not...

I ran that setupex.exe that you provided, but it didn't fix it,
also I was told Xprint should have been already installed prior to my installing it, as supposedly its part of the base image we use here...

When you tell the form to print, do you get the standard Print dialog box or do you get a PrintForm dialog box?

You may also want to make sure that XPrint is an enabled Add-In. It can be found in: Tools -> Options -> Other -> Advanced Options -> Add-In Manager Make sure there's an X by XPrint Add-in.

there is a check beside the XPrint Add-in.

I'm not positive (as I'm not sure what the difference is) but I think when I click print, I'm just getting the standard Print dialog box, not the PrintForm dialog Box...

Ah... the difference isn't much. It took awhile for me notice it. If you have the form open when you go to print and tell it to print, the title of the Print dialog changes from Print to Print(PrintForm). There's a Form Print Configuration section at the bottom of the main panel as well, to set the background and control the zoom factor. If you don't see those, my guess is that XPrint isn't working properly. Other than the install and the Add-in, there shouldn't be much else to do. This is what I see in Outlook 2000.

Which version of Outlook are you using?

I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.3821)

how do I get the PrintForm dialog box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back