Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipereyes

Technical User
Mar 26, 2003
US
I have a problem with my email accounts that is driving me crazy.

I am using Outlook 2000. I have three Comcast email accounts set up in my outlook. A couple of months ago, I started getting 0x800ccc0e errors, one account at a time. It simply states: Unable to connect to the server (Account xxxx, POP3 server: ‘mail.comcast.net’, error 0x800ccc0e). I have to delete the account that gets the error and set it back up using the same exact information. It will be fine for anywhere from an hour to a day or two but the error will always come back, sometimes for the same account, sometimes for one of the other ones. On really bad days, I have to setup all three accounts, one right after the other.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

That's a generic timeout error. The most common causes for this are antivirus, antispam and firewall utilities. What are you using for each of these?

I use AVG Free. I have used AVG for years. I did recently download the new version 9.0 but the problem started before then. I shut the firewall off but it hasn't made a difference.

If AVG has an e-mail checking component, try turning that off for a bit. (Assuming that you've already double checked your mail server name, etc.)

Yes, I tried that. It says that the email scanner is active but I have unchecked the boxes to scan incoming and outgoing mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back