Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 error on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

slechols

Programmer
Nov 28, 2001
US
Whenever I start Outlook 2000, I get this error:

'C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns' is not a valid Office add-in.

I go to my add-ins and there are none there. I go to this folder and there is nothing there. How can I get this error to stop coming up?

TOOLS - OPTIONS - OTHER - ADVANCED OPTIONS - ADD-In Manager and see what Add-ins are being called when Outlook starts. Uncheck the Add-in causing the problem. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

And this is why I should never answer questions before 9:00 AM. My apologies for suggesting a resolution you clearly stated that you had already looked at.

Try looking at the following key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addinssee if you have any entries in that key for Add-ins. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

I am getting somewhat the same error message at startup. It reads C:\Documents and settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\addins\outlvba.dll is not a valid office Add-in. When you check the Tools\Options\Other\Advanced Options\Add-in Manager the two that are there are Exchange Extension Property Pages and FAX Server Extension and unchecking them does nothing. When you click on the COM add-ins, there is nothing there but it brings up the error window with the same message I referenced above. I have tried the XP professional installation disk (fix problem)thinking I had a corrupt file it made no difference. I uninstalled and reinstalled office and it made no difference. I even disabled Norton antivirus thinking there might be something there and that also made no difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back