Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacerGirl117

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
US
I have a folder listing titled "Personal Folders" and one titled "Outlook Today [Personal Folders]". The Outlook Today listing works fine. The Personal Folders listing does not. I cannot get rid of this listing to save my life. Whenever I click on the listing I get "Unable to display the folder. The file C:\documents and settings\user name\desktop\personalcontacts.pst does not exist." That is an accurate statement. I have tried copying every other .pst file on my computer to my desktop and renaming it personalcontacts.pst. When I reopen Outlook and try to close the listing I get "The operation failed. An object could not be found." And it doesn't matter what .pst file I use and rename.

I can't get rid of this listing and it's driving me nuts! Can anyone help? Please e-mail, if so.

Thanks in advance!
Jessica

Jessica Kinsey
Hiscock & Barclay, LLP

This is usually caused by a corrupt profile. Create a new profile in control panel.

That might be the case if there were any profiles. Fixed it by finding the registry associated with the file Outlook was attempting to reference and deleting the key. Seems to be fine now, although I have saved the key just in case.

Thanks,
Jess

Jessica Kinsey
Hiscock & Barclay, LLP

There has to be at least 1 Outlook profile otherwise Outlook wouldn't work, but glad you got it sorted out.

Wouldn't think so in a home environment, but I don't know much. :) If I go to Control Panel (running Windows XP Home) and click on Mail nothing comes up in the window. Was never prompted to add one and wouldn't think I would have to if Outlook was running properly. To be honest, I've never even looked at the Mail icon in Control Panel since I upgraded my home computer.

Thanks,
Jess

Jessica Kinsey
Hiscock & Barclay, LLP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back