Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 Dr. Watson error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfrisch

Technical User
Dec 11, 2003
US
I have a problem. Every time I open up Microsoft Outlook on one machine and either when leave it up or when it is minimized I get bombed out with a DR. WATSON BOX. It says

Outlook.exe

exception: access violation (0xc0000005). address: 0x3f999435

and on the other machine I go to forward an e-mail I get

Outlook.exe

exception; Illegal instruction (0xc000001d),address 0x3a70f411

I'm running Microsoft Office 200 Professional, NT4.0 SP6 on both machines (233 mhz). I tried looking at the DR> WATSON file and am clueless as to what all the alpha numeric charaters mean. Can anybody out there in Tek-Tips help me? I sure would appricate it. Thanks for your help. Ray

This Dr. Watson error means that your files are corrupt. It may also have to do with memory.

Hi scauser;

Thanks for the tip. which reminded me the when I went to repair it I bombed out one and I tried again and it told me that I didn't have enough hard drive space. Which at the time I had 400 megs open and after trying to repair it again I wound up with 165 megs and the same hard drive message. Did trying to repair put more files on my drive. If so should I uninstall office 2000 and reinstall it if there are corrupt files?

Thanks

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back