Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook 2000 download. key, but no CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

lollypop1

Technical User
Apr 13, 2005
GB
Hi All

Having a total nightmare. Have got to organise anevent by the end of the day and my e-mail has become corrupt.

Was using outlook 2000... has a microsoft error c script (sorry cant remember) - so as recommended, ran a fix...

the fix removed my outlook and now i cant find the CD to re-install it.

I have the CD case and product ID code.

Is there anything I can do? Are my e-mails lost.

sooo stressed. hate being non technical!

Are you using Windows XP? If so, log on with an account with administrative privileges and try doing a system restore to a point before problem occurred.

No, you shouldn't have lost your emails although you may have to run a fix against them once you get your Outlook back.

Cheers.

thank you, yes i am using XP.. I logged on and did a system retore - that brought back outlook..

still getting error and i have no e-mails in my folders. tried to find .psd files but there no-where.
???

oddly, my 'junk mail' folder has gone too - dont know if its connected. and I also get an error when using 2 of my 5 email addresses - problem with outlook.exe...

however, it says i dont have persmission to fix the damaged file. surely i am the administrator

lollypop1 said:
tried to find .psd files but there no-where.
These should be .pst files though it may be a typo in your post.

Check in c:\documents and settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. By default Local Settings is a hidden folder so you may need to turn on Show Hidden Files and Folders.

yeah, sorry, pst... they're not there.

i've shown hidden files.. theyve just gone. a year of work, just gone.

Email not stored on the server?

Hope you have good backups!

dont know. just stil have runtime c+ error, no folders containing e-mails, and no pst file.

What kind of mail server? Is there a .ost file in the same location?

i tried running the inbox repair tool for the 100th time... this time i click on the outlook.bak file and fixed errors. this then became the outlook.pst file

have no idea why - i didnt rename it.

anyway, i ran it and fixed errors.

microsoft runtime error c+ seems to have gone... but i;m still getting the outlook.pst error message when trying to send and receive.

yesterday, i clicked 'send this e-mail to spam folder' for the first time ever,,, and i cant help thinking this has something to do with it. like i cant see my junk folder..

i dont know! anyway, all the personal folders are still missing and still no mail..

To show PST files you have to uncheck the box next to "Hide protected operating systems files". Then you should be able to see the .pst (if it exists) in c:\documents and settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back