Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 Deleting E-mails

Status
Not open for further replies.

icw27

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2002
NL
This is a strange one. I double click on a message in my inbox to open the message. Fine. When I click on the 'X' on the top right of the message to close the message and return to my inbox, it automatically deletes the message. And not to the deleted items - completely deletes it from my system.

How can I stop outlook from doing this?

Thanks.

It sounds like you have a filter or a view configured in Outlook. Once the email is marked 'read' you will not be able to view it anymore. (Which I believe is happening in your case.) To change this click View | Current View | Verify that Messages has a check mark next to it. If it does then go to 'Customize current view' | verify filter is set to 'none'. -Brad :-D
A+, MCSE NT4, MCDBA SQL7

[hammer]When you're having a bad day just remember it could be worse.....couldn't it?[flush]

Thanks Brad. It all looks so damn easy now! Got it sorted anyway. I'll know now for next time. Cheers.

You're very welcome. I'm glad it worked out for you. -Brad :-D
A+, MCSE NT4, MCDBA SQL7

[hammer]When you're having a bad day just remember it could be worse.....couldn't it?[flush]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back