Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000--Default e-mail format for a contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthomas666

Technical User
Sep 5, 2001
US
Is it possible to set a default e-mail format for a single contact? Most of the the time I use HTML, but for mailing lists I prefer to use straight text.

If I go to the e-mail properties of a contact, there's a button labeled Send Options. One would think that would let you do what I'm trying to do. But when I press the button, a dialog box display "Per-recipient options could not be set."

That makes it sound as though there is a way to set the default format, but I can't find anything that explains HOW.

Any ideas?

In MS Outlook, open up the contact - then double-click the email address. In here you can set the default format for all messages sent to this contact.

All that does is give me the option to set the format to RTF--I need to set it to plain text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back