Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 crashes when deleting text in a reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steevy

Technical User
Jul 7, 2003
GB
When selecting a message to reply to, if you type new text, delete some of the original and then try to type some more, outlook 2000 just crashes out. We have tried all the service packs and update patches but it still does it. Just wondered if there was a quicker way than uninstalling and reinstalling which we will try next.

Is Ms Word your default email editor

regards
MP

We used to have this problem for a few months and it was with HTML formatted mail only.

The problem seem to resolve itself after we took a security update for either IE or W2K but I wish I could tell you specifically which one it was.

I never could find any information specific on this issue when I was researching it.

Sorry I can't be of more help on this.

Cheers

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Same as joegz here. Either an IE or, in our case NT 4.0, security update in the last three months fixed it. Sorry, couldn't tell you which one either, just that it was since mid-September.

With us it was occurring with html and plain text, with Word as our mail editor.

Cheers.

We are using MS Word as default email editor. Will try the IE updates. Thankyou for you help.

Try a simple way of deleting all temp files in your windows temp directory and clean up your machine. This should solve the problem..
Else try above suggestions by our members.

Post back

regards
MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back