Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 crashes when calendar is open

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdArm

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2004
GB
Hope someone can help me out there. I have a user on our Windows 2K domain who has a mailbox on an Exch 5.5 server. His desktop PC runs WinXP and Outlook 2000. Whenever he's in Outlook and tries to browse his calendar, he gets an error saying that outlook.exe has performed an illegal error and will be shut down, which it duly does. Now, I have already tried the following: 1) re-installing Office 2000 2) Replacing his PC 3)Running Outlook with the /clearfreebusy switch from the command line 4) Upgrading him to Outlook 2002. I can open his calendar with no problem when I use OWA, or when I open his calendar from within my own Outlook client. If you go to Outlook Today from within his Outlook client, you can see the coming weeks calendar activities - you can even click into them. He has a Blackberry device also that he syncs from his PC and that still has all of his calendar appointments on it.
I'm now at a loss as to what to do, other than delete the domain account and re-create it from scratch.

Anyone out there got any ideas?

ColdArm

Worked out how to fix this in my case.

Run outlook with the /cleanviews switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back