Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 Calendar Delegate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseman

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2000
US
I need to give everyone who is using calendar to be able to see everyones calendar. I understand setting up delegates but when I assign someone as a delegate the permissions tab is grayed-out and I cannot adjust any permissions at all. Is there some other way to give all users access to at least see what all other users have on their calendars? What am I missing? Does it have something to do with public or private folders on the Exchange server?

I'm having the same problem. I need to have everyone see everyone else's calendar, but I don't know how to go about this.

Also, is this wise to do when my sales managers travel about 60% of the time?

Thanks for your help.

~Liz

Unless I'm mistaken, as soon as you assign someone as the delegate of your calendar, you're giving them FULL access. The permissions tab greys out because it is no longer necessary. The person you assign as the delegate will also get meeting invitations for that calendar.

Now, as for everyone seeing everyone else's calendar, this can become tedious (unless someone knows of a better way). Basically, each calendar that you want shared has to be located on the mail server (not the hard drive). In other words, if you use PST files, you'll need to copy the calendar out to the server directory which is usually called "Mailbox - Username" or "Outlook Today - Mailbox - Username".

Then, you've got to add permissions for each individual. Right-click the calendar, go to properties, then go to the Permissions tab. You have to do this for each calendar and add each name. You get the idea! Maybe someone else knows a better way for a long list of people.

Could someone tell me if I can set up a calender in ms outlook 2000 to allow several users to have full control of it over the network. note there is no exchange running on this LAN.

irishiwi007,

As long as there is a Global Address List of names containing the names of those you want to give permission. Also, your Calendar must reside on the network in order for this to work the right way. Since you don't have an exchange server, I'm assuming you use PST files to store your mail and calendar, correct? If so, this PST file must be located on a network drive so that it can be accessed even when you're offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back