Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OUTLOOK 2000 BUG? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sciclunam

Programmer
Oct 12, 2002
MT
Hi everyone,

I use outlook 2000. I am sending an email message to an email address (mine) bcc 100 recipients.

However not all recipients are recieving it. I even included another of my emaill addresses in the bcc to double check and I did not receive it.

Is there any limit of bcc recipients / or could this be a bug. My host says there is nothing wrong from his side as since some received it, all should have done the same.

Is there any other (better) email program?

Thanks for your help.

Mario

Opera has a mail client built in and PMMail is a nice email client.

i think that the fact you are sending it to so many clients. spam filters are .. filtering it.

check the filters.

~Shmoes

I lay claim to nothing and everything. My words may be wisdom or disaster. In the end you make a choice. Noone is perfect.

I receive some spam alerts, but only about 12. How can I "check the filters"

Thanks

Mario

really depends on how your spam filter is setup, is it internal or external, what program is used.

that's something you'll need to discuss with whoever setup the spam filters.

~Shmoes

I lay claim to nothing and everything. My words may be wisdom or disaster. In the end you make a choice. Noone is perfect.

Hi Shmoes,

I am not understanding...my spam filters or my recipients`.

I am the sender of the messages. I havent setup any spam filters. I am using outlook.

thnks

who do you get your email from (what does outlook connect to)

~Shmoes

also, you said
"I receive some spam alerts, but only about 12"

if you did not set up the filters, who did?

but the fact your clients would not recieve them would be based on THEIR filters, you said your alternative email did not get the email. I assume it's probably filtered to? who provides that email address?

I'm not saying this IS the problem, but i find it very likely, if you're successfully sending mail. there is no reason the isp would selectively send some and not others. If all clients didn't get it, that would be different.

~Shmoes

who do you get your email from (what does outlook connect to)

mail.powweb.com
host my website

"I receive some spam alerts, but only about 12"
These are emails sent to a local goverment company...I know they have rigid spam filters and that is why I get the alert.
But the other are hotmail, yahoo etc...

I thought could the problem be that outlook is not adequate enough to send many messages to bcc recipients at once? Maybe after 50 recipients it cuts down. I will use mailist king, it has a feature where it send messages to all recipients one by one in the 'to' field. I see how this goes.

I was also thinking about using a dedicated email server provides instead of using my host`s.

Thanks

mario

outlook will send as many as you want, but spam filters, especially automatic ones like hotmails bulk folder.. will grab any emails that are over serverl CC's simply because most high CC's are spam. that's why they recommend you check your spam folders.

having a program that autosends to people on your list one at a time sounds like a good option. hopefully it will be the end of your problem.

your provider shouldn't matter in that scenerio, they don't filter outgoing spam. if you are a spammer, and they get a complaint. you'll hear about it from them.

~Shmoes

Hi,

thanks for all your help.

and No I am not a spammer. i send newsletters to my subscribers.

Feel free to visit my website
Best regards

mario

Ps: I have to go to sleep now because over here (Malta) its 1:00am and in a few hours time I have to go to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back