Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 and groupwise problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxmachine

Technical User
Jul 14, 2003
NL
Hello,

Today I started as a system engineer. At this company they use Novell groupwise and Outlook 2000. They have a lot of problems with outlook. For example sometimes they cannot send an attachement, also if person1 sends an email to person2 and he forwards the mail to person3, person3 gets the email from person1.

Who can help me, what could be the sollution.

Most regards,
Mxmachine

The second part of your question (about forwarding) is a known bug in Outlook/Exchange 2000 -- TID 2947160 on the Novell support site for the info specific to Groupwise.

In order to answer the first part, I need more detail -- is there an error message at the client or in the app log of the server running the Exchange to GW Connector when the attachment doesn't send? Does it happen to both Outlook and GW clients?

Thanx for the first answer.

There isn't a message in client and in the app. log. It only happens with outlook, I heard more about this problem, every time we receive an email there's also a mime file sended to us, which is very strange I think. The problem is, I know exchange server 5.5 and 2000, but I never worked with groupwise.

Best regards,
MxMachine

The mime file is caused by one of the gateways that links the two systems together. We get them, too, and will do until we stop using the gateway in question.

What happens to the attachments? Do they fail to attach, or do they attach and not go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back