Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 & Hotmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezdread

Technical User
Oct 23, 2000
GB
Hi is there any way to configure Outlook 2000 so that I can download email from Hotmail?

I think I did this in express but can't seem to find out how to do it in Outlook 2000?

Cheers

Hi,

By my knowledge this is not possible in Outlook 2000. MS promotes Outlook 2002 because this program has a similar feature as Outlook Express: Reading your hotmail.

I hope this helps,

Regards, Bob Dorrestein

Dear Tezdread,

One way to do this is upgrade to Office XP or Outlook 2002, this has built in Hotmail support similiar to that of Outlook Express.

Otherwise, you can do what I used to do is download via Outlook Express and import the messages to Microsoft Outlook. However, there appears to be a bug that you loose access to the smtp address, i.e. in that you cannot access the senders address to reply back too. wierd!

The work around I did was to embed the messages in Outlook express and send them to an account that my Outlook picks up and drag the embedded messages to my inbox to keep the smtp addresses live. A lot of work, but I got used to it, but no longer with Outlook 2002.

Kind regards

Paul Thomspson (MCSE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back