Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 Add' Book View Issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue13x

Technical User
Oct 4, 2004
GB
Hi there,

I have a machine that has Office 2000 SR1 installed. The machine was used by a user with no problems but after they were joined onto another domain (user profile then copied over), the contacts in the address book have suddenly gained the word: (Email) at the end of each entry. This is viewed when clicking the "To" button in a new email.

I have googled and looked through Outlook's menu, but cannot find an answer!

Any ideas?

This is normal behavior. Is it causing you some problem?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The customer who is using the machine is not happy with the word "Email" appearing at the end of every address in the address book.

The main reason for this is because when they were using a different profile, this did not happen. They are still using the same version of Office (2000 SR1). There are other users in the company with the same version who do not have this at all, which is why I believe there is a way to turn it off.

Any ideas? :)

My guess is that it starts as soon as you either enter more than 1 e-mail address for a contact or once you add a fax number (remember outlook can send faxes as well). When you have multiples, Outlook now has to distinguish between:[ul][li]Joe Blow (E-mail)[/li][li]Joe Blow (E-mail 2)[/li][li]Joe Blow (Business Fax)[/li][/ul]Even if you remove these additional properties, I bet it won't go away.

This doesn't seem to make any difference unfortunately, although thanks for your help!

I am still getting grief over this one, does anyone else have any ideas?

I know it is trivial, but it makes no sense why this isn't fixable!

I believe that happens when Outlook 2000 is switched between Corporate Workgroup mode and Internet Mail Only mode.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

Thanks for your replies! I will try the 'fix' today %-) and fingers crossed!

The machine is running Outlook in Corporate Workgroup mode.

I will keep you updated! Many thanks!

Many thanks for this guys! I can see now that there is no way of changing this, although I have no idea why it didn't appear in the old profile but suddenly does in the new.

The only related install that happened is Outlook Connector was re-installed...!

Anyway, I now have a Microsoft page confirming what everyone has said which will help loads! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back