Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outllook Web Access - Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiffguy

Technical User
Sep 15, 2003
US
Hi:

I have exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2003 . I can access OWA from any where as long as my server is connected directly to the DSL modem.

If it is connected through the router ( SMC 7004 VWBR ), I can't access OWA.

I have forwarded port # 80, 110, 135, 3389, 1723 and 445 to the server on the router.

Can any one suggest any solution please??

Thanks in advance.

Might seem obvious but I gotta ask... If you have a Firewall, have you made sure that the suggested ports are open?

This may be obvious, but, when you switch over to the router, do you also adapt the Default Gateway setting on the server? Pointing to the router instead of the Modem?

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do You Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Hi:

Yes. Default Gateway points to the router instead of modem/

thanks

Don't forward 135 and 445. Really bad idea and not necessary.

What is the error you get when you try to access through the router? Are you using the hostname or IP address to get to the site? Is the site running HTTP or HTTPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back