Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlined arrows

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilfranz

Technical User
Oct 4, 2003
US
Hello friends and experts,

I'm sort of new to PhotoShop. Using PS Elements 2.0

In using the line tool with arrows, how can one get the arrow to have an outline, like it has while it's being drawn. For example a 15 pixel wide arrow with color bright yellow, draws initially with a black outline, but the outline disappears with the next mouse click. How can I retain (or cause) such an outline? Preferably it would be good to be able to also specify the width of the outline line around the arrow (e.g. 15 pixel width of line, and 2 pixel width of outline).

Thanks

hey wil,

i think you are referring to stroke - the variable width outline of an image or shape. to add the outline, you can do one of many things. first, select your target layer (if you have multiple images on that layer, select only the image you wish to affect with the marquee or lasso tool), then -

1. in the top menu, choose Layer>Layer Style>Stroke
2. in the Layers pallette, double click your target layer (to the right of the layer name), or
3. click on the fancy 'F' button at the bottom left of the pallette, then choose stoke

once you are on Stroke, choose your size (width in pixels), position, color & so on. this will add the outline color as per your specs. if that's not what you wanted, drop me another line at thereink@hotmail.com.

have a great day.

kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back