Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing Signature or message for all users in outgoing mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi,

I am running on Domino 5.04.
I would like to roll out a certain content for all outgoing mail, e.g. Please visit abcdefg.com website for more information.

I would like to implement this on all users, may I know what is the workaround way to do it other that using the signature in the Notes Client which I have to manually configure each of them one by one?

Please advise.

thx.
Jas

Jas,

Notes R5 allows you to create html Signature files; so one approach is to create the html Signature, send it to everyone as an attachment with instructions on saving it to their hard-drive, and also include instructions on how to configure the Signature to point to the appropriate html file.

Another approach (if there is a way to create shared SmartIcons)is to copy and paste the following formula in a new SmartIcon, modifying the info in red. If you want to include a logo or other graphic you can send the .gif file to everyone with instruction to save it to a specific location that matches the directory path in the formula, e.g. "c:\\lotus\notes\data\giffile.gif" or "C:\\giffile.gif". (The initial double \\ is necessary for Notes to recognize the directory path)

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Ron

TempName:=@NewLine+"User Name";
TempCompany:=@NewLine+"Company Name";
TempTitle:=@NewLine+"Title, Dept, etc.";
TempPhone:=@NewLine+"xxx-xxx-xxxx - Office";
TempFax:=@NewLine+"xxx-xxx-xxxx- Fax";
TempOther:=@NewLine+""+@NewLine;

@Command([TextSetFontFace];"Helv");
@Command([TextSetFontSize];"12");
@Command([TextSetFontColor];[Blue]);
@Command([EditInsertText];Tempname);

@Command([EditInsertText];TempOther);
@Command([FileImport];"GIF Image";"c:\\logo.gif");

@Command([TextSetFontColor];[Black]);
@Command([TextSetFontSize];"8");
@Command([TextNormal]);
@Command([TextNormal]);
@Command([TextBold]);
@Command([EditInsertText];TempCompany);

@Command([TextNormal]);
@Command([TextItalic]);
@Command([EditInsertText];TempTitle);

@Command([TextNormal]);
@Command([EditInsertText];TempPhone);
@Command([EditInsertText];TempFax);
@Command([EditInsertText];TempOther)

Hi Ron,

How about if I were to add in more text, for instance a notice for all outgoing mails in all my clients?
e.g. :

This message is for informational purposes only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are to inform the sender and....All rights reserved.

What is the best way to implement/set this notice on all users?

Thx.
Jas

Hi Jas,

You can add command lines as needed in section one:

TempName:=@NewLine+"User Name";
TempCompany:=@NewLine+"Company Name";
TempTitle:=@NewLine+"Title, Dept, etc.";
TempPhone:=@NewLine+"xxx-xxx-xxxx - Office";
TempFax:=@NewLine+"xxx-xxx-xxxx- Fax";
TempOther:=@NewLine+""+@NewLine;
TempDisclosure:=@NewLine+"This message is for informational purposes only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are to inform the sender and....All rights reserved.";

Then add text formatting at the bottom; in this example the Disclosure statement would display in 12 point Helvetica font, color red:

@Command([TextSetFontSize];"12");
@Command([TextSetFontColor];[Red]);
@Command([EditInsertText];TempDisclosure)

Ron

Another way to accomplish this would be to add the text directly to the database template. You would need to add the text with a few spaces above it as the default value you wanted to all forms that you would like the message on (ie Memo, Reply, Reply with History...).

The problem with this method is that you will need to update the template if it gets overwritten during an upgrade.

You also need to be sure that mail file designs are being refreshed.

Hi Ron, broo,

I would try that out.. for both solutions to see which is the best. Any more other ways?

thx,
Jas.

Would it be possible to create and configure a html or text signature on the domino R5 Server without any 3rd-party software??????

THX

Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back