Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing problem when Incoming calls from outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianTelecomAdmin

Technical User
Sep 14, 2006
US
When I program the switch for forwarding within the branch office it works fine even when it's coming from outside. When I programmed the switch to forward all calls if not answered, busy line or do not disturb to dial outside it didn't work. It seems that internally it is working except for external forwarding. They can dial out just by pressing 9. How do I solve this problem? The command format that I used was "ASS FWD,[TNN:0],DN,[COND],[TYPE],DSTNO". Thanks for the help.

Depending on how you NPSYS programing is set up, you can forward to a system speedial number. Do you need to be able to send to differt numbers? If it is only one number send to speeddial

I had this same exact problem... to do it the user has to program a speed dial to there cell and then you can forward with dstno fwding from ass fwd,,

dont ask me why.. but it works.

You can also create a virtual line (ass vl)that the user's extension can be forwarded to. Assign a destination number (ass dstno) to call the outside number including access codes (9) if needed. Assign forwarding on the VL to the new destination number and when needed the user can forward his extension to the VL. I prefer this solution because if the outside number changes all that is needed is to change the dialed number for the destination number. It can also be used if someone in the orgainzation needs to transfer a call to the user if not on site and forgot to fwd his phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back