Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing only

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Anyone know if you can make a key Outgoing Only. I have a customer that is going to have someone just sit and cold call. They do not want anyone to be able to call this extension for any reason even if someone in the building knows the extension. Right now I was thinking of building a 500 set as the marp for the extension and just hard call forward it to a extension that does not exist. That way if someone did try to call it athey would get a reorder tone. Does anyone know of another way to do this?

I was thinking of that but I was told that they may have to make an inhouse call from time to time also. but thanks for the help.

either way would work, i've used both as well as adding a non did and not transmitting the ext.. internal display would show john smith xxxx.. that can block calls to external number is they use call screening since it block clid as well.

the hot d 1 9, stops all internal calls from the station as well.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Use XLST and make this extension 7 or 8 digits. That way, the caller doesn't have to dial 9 to dial out, and can still dial internal. Who is going to remember an 8 digit extension to call back. It's just going to confuse the person called. Good!

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

we just give phantom DN's for thoes people, they can still dial internal but its not a DID that can be accessed directly. We set our main phone number as the outbound caller ID for the cold call group.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone, and let you know I used the Forward from a 500 set and made it the MARP for that extension.

How about just giving the user a non-DID.
This way they can dial out, but no one can reach them externally.

They can still dial any internal ext, and any internal ext can dial them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back