Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing OLI name resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

atsak

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2009
CA
Can someone confirm something for me - we have some small subsidiary companies which use some of our DID's for incoming and outgoing calls. I have everything working fine but the name shown for outgoing calls is our parent company name, not the subsidiary which is what I want.

I'm pretty sure the name is set by the telco, but they tell me its' set on the BCM (they are, by the way, incompetent - Rogers - so I don't believe them, but I have no training on the BCM and have just had to learn it so might be wrong)

Does anyone know or can they tell me the correct terminology to use when requesting a change to the outgoing caller ID name display?

Anyone step in and and correct me if i'm wrong:

While the telco can set the same if you have PRI you can set the Business Name (The Default outbound name display) from:

Telephony Service -> General Setting - [Business Name]

Note: he business name will be dispaed for ANY outbound call across the PRI regardless. This is a problem when you have more than 1 company sharing a switch..

I'd say either remove the business name all together or for the few that need, use the ONN Blocking feature.. but, you'd have to dial it each time prior to calling out.. Kinda like *67 . Not as professional as most might wany.

My 0.02.

Jason

--------------------
Programming Business name display

Programming Business name display

Nortel Networks recommends that you use a blank space for the last character of the Business name to act as a separator between the Business name and telephone name.

Note, that if you leave this field blank, no name appears.

To program the Business Name:

1. Click on the keys beside Services, Telephony services.
2. Click on General settings.
3. In the Business name box, type the Business name you want to appear on receiving telephones (a maximum of eight characters).
4. Other areas that you must programmed include:
* The OLI number. Refer to Configuring line access.
* Under Telco Features, the Auto Called ID must be set to Yes. Refer to Configuring telco features.

Feature ** RLS: The feature code to fix annoying phone calls :)

I forgot, I'm on a BCM 400 Rlease 3.6 - This might have changed when they went to Element Manager.. The location to set the business name, that is.

Thanks - in fact it is nearly in the same place in 4.0 which is what I'm using. I may blank the system name out. However, we did share this switch with another company previously and the Billing Name on the OLI did turn up properly. Further, if I set the OLI to a no loop number we have for out of area calls it shows up as the name on the no loop number account.

Sooo . . . I am pretty sure I am right that the telco has to set it, but I'm more intersted in what terminology to use so they can find what they have to do.

But thank you perhaps removing the company ID might help and just not send any info at all (which would be fine).

Ahh, I understand.

Unfortunately with a shared switch it's all or non on the current hardware you have. Seems like the path of lease resistance is to just remove them name,

Good Luck!
Jason

The bussiness nome is for MCDN networking to another switch. It ID's Where the call is from say Boston branch.

Business name is also used for PRIs when the customer requires the name to be sent out on all public calls.

The Telco sends the billing name and billing number by default. If you choose, you can ask them to set "presentation allowed" on the PRI circuit to prevent the business name and OLI that you program in the BCM from being overwritten by the billing name and number. If your BCM has multiple businesses using it, they would each need their own PRI circuit (or analog lines) if they want a different name to display and allow the Telco to insert the proper name on each PRI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back