Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing mail undeliverable

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2002
US
Using Exchange 2000 Server. We have one client who we cannot send new messages to or reply to ones he sends to us. First I get a message from the server saying my message has been delayed. Then, about a day later, the server sends a delivery failure notice w/ no further information. However, I can send messages to this recipient using a yahoo e-mail account from within my building.

Any help appreciated

Is there a proxy server involved in the equation? If so, check the filters and make sure the domain of that recipient isn't otherwise blocked.

HTH, MapMan [americanflag]

Assume nothing, question everything, be explicit not implicit, and you'll always be covered.

There is no proxy server involved, and I don't appear to have recipient policies set that on our exchange server that would cause it to hang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back