Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outgoing getting stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingnutech

Technical User
Oct 16, 2008
US
If I goto send a message in outlook 2003 it will not send. I read a thread a while ago about profile. I was wondering if someone could expand on that. Also there is a error message 0x80042108. What does this mean and am I heading in the right direction? Any help would be great.

I have a feeling it is a corrupted profile and or damaged files. Any suggestions how to proceed with either of the following.

Well, the easiest way to test for that condition, first, would be to create a brand new profile, and make sure everything is set the same - permissions, etc, and then see if Outlook runs (without importing any data files). Then after it works, try to import the data file(s), and see if it works then. If it does, then it looks like you've got your solution. If not, at least you've narrowed down the issue. [wink]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Thank you very much and I will try that. If you do not hear back from then all is well.
Thanks again for your time and help

Please DO post back to let us know - rain or shine! [WINK] What I mean is, please post back with your results, and not let us assume anything. That's the way everyone prefers things here - it's good for all involved, including those that might read the thread, even a year down the road.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back