Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing DID CPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoAddict

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2009
CA
Hi there,

I'm having a little trouble with trying to substitute outgoing DIDs from the Main number to the users actual DID.

In System Speed Call Assignment I have the following DID

*87722 tied to extension 6002. When this user calls out, it shows the main number of 4167827700. I would like it to show 4167827722 instead.

I'm trying to enter it in the DID Ranges for CPN Substitution and CPN forms but I can't get it to work.

What do I put in the DID Range and Substitution boxes on the DID ranges for Substitution form?

Thanks!

Are you using an NSU or embedded PRI?

You can also look up CPN (Calling Party Number substitution) on the help files.

Hi there,

I'm using a PRI!

I'll have another look at the help files, I've read them but I'm not sure I fully understand them!

Oh I guess another question are you working on a 3300?
What software release are you on?

You need to go to the form "DID Ranges for CPN Substitution" and create a new index. Enter the extension DNs in the DID range field and then enter the CPN you want to be displayed on outbound calls.

Once you have done that, go to the form "CPN Substitution" and add the index that you created in the last form.

Then under the Options tab:
External Caller ID: On/Off

Awesome, thank you!

I was entering their DID in the DID range. The help files don't say DNs! Or at least the help files I was reading ;)

I'm on a 3300 and software v10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back