Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing CLID on a per route basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkaym

Programmer
Sep 23, 2006
US
I don't think this is possible--but you folks are pretty creative so I figured I'd double check.

I have a CS1000E Geo redundancy 5.5 PBX. 4 SMG sites. Each site has their own PRI that is used only when calls are routed (using NARS/BARS) to the city the SMG is in. The CLID is displayed depending on the ISDN trunk/route they use. And the central office handles that. We want the PBX to do this now, not the central office. Is this possible?

I can't change the CLID table because--then every location the set calls will show the same CLID, and that is not what they want.

Thank you very much!

depends on the provider.. some newer offices allow the user to send a the name instead of pulling it from the ss7 table..

you can name the clid entry number in 95, new name then return down to entry new return.. so the clid is sending a name per clid not a name per station.. we can send it here, one of our 3 providers will use it at this point

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

there is a feature on the ISDN "Special Arrangement" on the provider side
this has to set on

now, you can send wat you want

INTL 34

ENTRY 324
HNTN 91
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL 6434530
DIDN NO
HLOC
LSC

CLID ==> 0034916434530

Interesting....but....then doesn't this entry apply on a per station basis? Maybe I'm not being clear on what I need, if I'm ext 1234 and I dial a # that uses trunks in Seattle I want to show 206-xxx-xxxx (a specific Seattle #), but if I'm ext 1234 (same phone) and I dial a # that uses trunks in Portland I want to show 503-xxx-xxxx.

If I apply this table to the phone--won't it show the same number for all calls? No matter the route it uses for the call? 0034916435430?

ok i understand,
change in the route the
CPFXS to NO
HNTN xxx
HLCL yyy

the clid will be xxxyyyDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back