Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing CLI. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switchman

Technical User
Oct 24, 2001
GB
I have a slight problem and need to know if there is a way that the Definity can change the CLI being left on outgoing calls (PSTN)

At the moment BT are blocking the outgoing CLI, we had problems with people who had dialed 1471 and phoned us back on the main reception number (as this is the number being left) and asking why we called them.

I would prefer that an 0800 number was left rather than our main reception number that way we could route the return calls to an announcement which would free of charge to our customers.

I just need to know if I can do this on the Definity or if its one for BT to have a look at.

- Dave.

I would say it's one for BT.
You could possible override the CLI blocking by inserting 1471 in the route-pattern, but you would only ever get the number associated with the outgoing line (i.e. your reception number) without BT making a change.

If outgoing trk grp uses PRI T-1's and is sending calling name and number, try "ch isdn pub",... you can specify what is delivered based on calling party extension number/ range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back