Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing calls/caller ID question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJacobs313

Technical User
Apr 26, 2013
US
Running CM 6.2, we have a hospital and several clinics that are tenant based. Each have their own PRI and trunk.

One location is in another state we will say SD (South Dakota), and when they call people out of state, say ND, they won't answer because they don't recognize the number, so they wanted a number specifically for calling that state. I figured I could make them a bridged call appr to a number that is in the right state, that they can press to call out to those patients. But no matter what I do (internally it will work) externally they always show up with the SD number.

What I have done is just put a brdg call appr of a number in ND, and then in the pub unknown, I mask that to show the number they want for callbacks for ND patients. She presses that call appr button, and then dials the number of the ND patient, but it is consistently showing up as the SD number, but works internally, so I know she is doing it correctly. I even ran a trace, and it shows the the ND number and name is going out, but not to external callers.

Basically they want to call from their SD phone number to their SD patients, and then be able to call ND patients from a ND number on their SD based phone. I thought masking a bridged call appr would work (it does on all test phones) so I think it is because they are calling out of a different trunk than I am that is causing the issue, I did add this trunk to the masking in the public unknown, but made no difference.

Hope this makes sense. Thoughts? Suggestions?

"I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma." - Eartha Kitt

It's likely that your service provider on those PRI's is seeing a number not associated with the PRI billing so they are stripping the outbound ND ID and stuffing the BTN of the PRI for the caller ID.

It's different rules/settings for every carrier/trunk. Some carriers allow the PBX to control caller-ID, some do not, for some it's optional, some require a special form, and some only allow outpulsing of numbers within your DID range. List trace TAC and see if you see the spoofed number on the outbound call. If you do, the pbx setup is fine and you'll need to engage the carrier.

-CL

In my experience with AT&T PRI, they can actually force a caller ID for all outgoing calls or allow you to send your own. AT&T will allow me to send whatever caller ID I want, to include The White House. :D

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Thanks for the replies! Yes in the list trace it shows the spoofed number, so it must be carrier then. I have always been able to control the caller ID, but this is one clinic in a different state (technically same carrier) but I am guessing they have different rules. Thanks so much!

"I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma." - Eartha Kitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back