Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing Call still not Working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelo16

Technical User
May 27, 2011
SA
Hi All!

I already posted this question a week ago and tried the advice obtained from some good friends over here but still not working.
It is about accessing 9 from DID extension and Non-DID extension. If i use DID extension and dial outgoing 9 from there, it should get DOD (Route 11). However, if i use Non-DID extension and access 9 from it, i should get Analog trunks (Route 1). The current configurations below:

Outside access code = 9
TGAR in both DID and Non-DID extension = TGAR 14

1. Route 1 (Analog trunks) TARG 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

2. Route 11 (DOD) TARG 01 02 03 04 05 13 14

Base from the above, what would be my TGAR in DID and Non-DID extensions? If there's a need to reconfigure my RDB, what would be the right one?

Thanks,
Angelo

When the TGAR of a phone matches the TARG of a Route, then as long as you have enabled TGAR checking, the call will be blocked from that phone/route combination.

I would suggest that if you intend to use this method to have phones access different routes for outbound calls, that each set of phones must be assigned a different TGAR value, and the routes must be assigned the appropriate TARG to block the sets that should not access that route.

For Example:

Phones with DID would get TGAR A.
Phones with non-DID would get TGAR B.

Analog Route would be assigned TARG A.
DOD Route would be assigned TARG B.

In this example, DID phones would never be able to make an outbound call using the Analog Route, and non-DID phones would never be able to make an outbound call using the DOD route.

Thanks allenmac. I'll try this tomorrow in the system.

Regards,
Angelo

Good luck,

By the way, from the data you originally posted, you should be able to assign your DID phones any TGAR from 06 - 12, and 16 - 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back