Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing call slow to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

caislain11

Technical User
Jan 11, 2006
IE
Hi Guys,

I have an Avaya G3Si with a DS1 connected to a E1 port on a cisco router. When I dial the trunk access code and dial a number, it takes longer for the call to connect compared to going out over the ISDN.

Am I missing some programming on the G3si to speed this up?

Thanks in advance,

Cais

ISDN is always faster than non-ISDN due to signaling information being sent separately (out-of-band) on a D channel at rapid speed; without ISDN, you must wait the duration of the DTMF (touch-tones) being sent in-band.

Hi BHodgins,

Thanks for your reply.
The router engineer has asked me to turn on enbloc as this will wait for all digits and then send them out. He claims that its set up using overlap. He can tell this by running debugs on the cisco. But I have enbloc set for both incoming and outgoing.

Any ideas? Is there a global enbloc setting other than under the trunk?

Thanks in advance,

Cais

Did you try to mach # sign after last dialled digit. It can speed up dilling a little bit.

Also check the "Short Interdigit Timer" which is on around page 6 of "display system-parameters features".
This is the time the PBX listens for another digit. If nothing is dialled for X secs it will assume you have finished dialing. This is a balancing act between waiting for too long after the last digit and timing out because of pausing when dialing and having to start again. Both can be frustrating.

Although if you use # at the end of the digits like GladniJura suggested the PBX will not be waiting for a next digit.

Ronster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back