Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outgoing call dropping MICS 6.1 PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryreeve

Vendor
Jan 16, 2002
US
I have a customer that has 5 telephone numbers that dial out get a ringback then drop the call
the Carrier says that the MICS is dropping the call but I cannot see anything that would be causing it
occasionaly the call will connect and work fine
other telephone numbers work fine
the intercom indicator drops off immediately but I cannot tell if the call is being terminated from the carrier or from the mics
I have a SMDR6 on it and it is just showing the outgoing call, the trunk, then the call terminated

MICS 6.1
DTI Card
PRI from ATT
MICS Plus 4 0X16 modules
Destination code is 9 absorb all route 1
Route 1 is PRI1

anybody have any ideas on this?

----------------------------
40: Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
50: who put this $%@#(*$ Hill Here??
JerryReeve
Telecommunication Technology Services

Try rebooting the MICS and see if that fixes your problem for awhile, if I remember 6.1 had issues with ISDN. Fixed in 7.0

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Fixed in 6.1MR

What do you mean by "5 numbers"?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

change the T1 card and see if that takes cars of it, then I would go after the vendor

PerryPJ: did do a reboot on the system.
Curley: only five telephone numbers are dropping the calls, two in the 715 area code, 0ne in the 612 area code, one 800 and one 866
PerryPJ: unfortunately I am the vendor, I think I have a spare DTI Card (have to look)

This MICS has been running along fine for the last 8 maybe 9 years not really know what is going on. these phone numbers were useable 'till about a month ago.

JerryReeve

Had a similar issue with same setup and software, it turned out to be the carrier, they did not have all the area codes and 800 numbers programmed properly on the PRI.

Jerry now that you have explained it is the PRI vendors problem

In system programming there is a setting called release reasons if you turn it on when the call is dropped on the phones screen it will show why the call was released. 2 settings Simple and Detailed.

kmpp: other 800 and 715 area code numbers do work so it probably isn't that simple
PerryPJ: I agree with you but couldn't see a way to prove it, the customer already had the 2nd tier tech support pull the records and ATT says not their problem
Cook1082: I'll look up that setting and try it. would the release reason also print out on the SMDR printouts?
thanks all

JerryReeve

we ended up changing the PRI from dms100 to NI2 and all well