Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing call bar SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterRobot

Technical User
Feb 17, 2016
TN
hello,

is there something on the design of AVAYA IP Office, can be done with short codes , to bar external calls of any extension from an administrator extension ?

A phone set as a system 1 can change the call barred status of another phone.
The call bared status will be turned off for one call only, after ending the call the phone has call barred set again.

Shortcode *59*<phone number to disable call bar once>*<optional PIN code of the barred phone>#

intigrants solluion is to enable a bared phone to make outgoing calls

unless i miss read things the OP wants to be able to bar a phone.

I do not believe there is any way to do this from a handset, it is probably possible using a TAPI application if you have the required licenses (hotel software does this when rooms are checked in & out)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

You need to add the shortcode first since it's not available by default.

add *59*N#
Function call bar off.
Tel Nr: N

i did , but its not working , its excute on the phone that i type the short code , not the N extension

You can only turn OFF someone elses (or your own), and turn on your own.

Code:
Outgoing Call Bar On
Allows a user to switch on their outgoing call bar status.

Details

Telephone Number: 

Default Short Code: 

Programmable Button Control: 

Release: 4.1+ (Added to Release 4.1 2008Q2 Maintenance release).

Example

To use the short code below below, the user must dial *58.

Short Code: *58

Telephone Number: <blank>

Feature: Outgoing Call Bar On.

Code:
Outgoing Call Bar Off
Allows a user to switch off their outgoing call bar status. The short code user must enter their log in code, if set, in order to be successful.

If you add a short code using this feature to a system it is recommended that you also assign a login code to the No User user to prevent the short code being used to change the status of that user.

Details

Telephone Number:  The user's log in code.

System phone users can use <target user>*<system phone user's login code>.

Default Short Code: 

Programmable Button Control: 

Release: 4.1+ (Added to Release 4.1 2008Q2 Maintenance release).

Example

The user has a Login Code of 1234. To use the short code below below, the user must dial *59*1234#.

Short Code: *59*N#

Telephone Number: N

Feature: Outgoing Call Bar Off.

Example

A user set as a system phone can also switch off the Outgoing Call Bar status of another user. This is done using their own login code. For example the system phone 401 with login code 1234 can switch off the outgoing call bar status of extension 403 as follows:

*59*403*1234

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back