Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing Call Bar Off 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivenE

Systems Engineer
Sep 15, 2017
US
Hey everyone, I am running into an issue with creating a working short code to enable/disable Outgoing Call Bar

I have a short code that looks like this:
Code: *40
Feature: Outgoing Call Bar On
Telephone Number: N

This code works on the local phone, but I need to be able to do it on another phone so I tried this:
Code: *40*N#
Feature: Outgoing Call Bar On

This still just bars the local phone and not on the extension I entered. I then tried to setup Call Bar Off:
Code: *41
Feature: Outgoing Call Bar Off

But I just get "Call Rejected". Can anyone point out what i am doing wrong or maybe a better way to do this. Really all I want to do is effectively disable the use of a phone until the manager "enables" it for use and then can quickly disable it when done.
Version: IP Office Server Edition 10.1
Thanks

No go on that either. Not sure why I cannot make changes to this remote ext and just my own....

In case you did not find out by now, the feature code "Outgoing Call Bar" accepts no parameters in the telephone number.
It can only be used on the phone dialling the fearture.

RivenE

Your short codes are all wrong.

Just follow the screen shots Exactly as shown in the link YOU provided.[bigglasses]

Remember the login code is your login code from the phone that's controlling the call barring off.

User 3480
Login. 121212
System phone rights: level 1

Short code *59*N#
Call barring Off
N

Now just simply from user 3480. Dial *59* then the user extn number of the call barred phone followed by * then the login code 121212 #

Yeah, I realized that after I looked at it again, thanks though. That does take care of the turning off call barring but unfortunately I cannot re-enable it using the same method (different short code of course) but it sounds like that might not be possible?

What's odd about it is if I enable call barring by default on this extension, I can turn it off with *59*6657*121212# but when trying to re-enable with another short code - *58*N# - Outgoing Call Bar On (*58*6657#121212)- it just bars the extension I am calling from and not the 6657 I am trying to re-enable call barring on.

I remeber now, with the system phone setting to level 1 you can disable the default "Outgoing Call bar" setting on another user for only one call, when the call is completed then the user falls back to its original state as programmed in manager.
It was designed as a feature for a "guest phone" on a receptionists desk to enable a visitor to call one external number.
Never used it though as no-one ever asked.

Huh - I'm having to agree with RivenE having now tested on a 500 V2 and an SE. The remote off short code works but not remote on. Shame.

So I fall back to my time profile method with the added DND On button in the user rights relabelled on the patient phone as "Outside Calls On" so somewhere within a mintue of the nurse setting the time profile to active the patient can see that they can make external calls.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I want to thank you all for your help, I will move forward and try the time profile method listed above. In the end I wish it could work this way but I will give the other method a try. Thanks again all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back