Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outer joins with WebI 6.1a 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoffT

Technical User
Mar 12, 2001
GB
SQL Server 2000 outer joins are working fine with full client but in webi 6.1a the SQL generated is incorrect. The .prm file has been changed to outer joins DB" (same as with the full client version). The code is generated with the 'left outer' as expected, but there's also an '*' in front of the '=' that shouldn't be there. I have also tried FULL_ODBC and ANSI_92 but neither generates the correct code. And yes, we did have this working in earlier webi installations! Any ideas?

This is a bug in V6.

What you need to do to resolve this is to edit the file on your server: D:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 6\dataAccess\RDBMS\connectionServer\odbc\sqlsrv.prm
Change the lines:
<Parameter Name="LEFT_OUTER">$*</Parameter>
<Parameter Name="RIGHT_OUTER">*$</Parameter>

to
<Parameter Name="LEFT_OUTER"> </Parameter>
<Parameter Name="RIGHT_OUTER"> </Parameter>

I've tested this and it works.

Steve Krandel
Westbay Solutions

Thanks for that, however I've made the change (previously I'd removed the lines altogether so put them back in as described) but it has made no difference. I even left it overnight as sometimes webi seems to take a while to pick up changes.

Yes, it does work - I just had to reboot the webi server first. Shouldn't have to do that, but there you go. Thanks for the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back