Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outer Join Not Working-Enterprise/Autolink

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHurdatADP

Technical User
Nov 8, 2005
US
I'm joining JOB to AL_ALA_DATA. I want everyone's job data, even if they do not have an entry in AL_ALA_DATA. However, when I add AL_ALA_DATA and link it to JOB, I lose the unmatched records, even though I have checked "show unmatched records" for both file number and paygroup links from JOB to AL_ALA_DATA. Is this because there are two key fields in AL_ALA_DATA? , or because AL_ALA_DATA is also effective-dated? Both? Any ideas?

It's because AL_ALA_DATA is also effective dated. In effect you are asking for the max dated (for example) record that does not exist. You should be able to do a "OR" critera that says max effective dated AL_ALA_DATA OR AL_ALA_DATA.Effdt is Null. I don't have access to a ADP system right now or I would try to put it together.

If you remember we tried this in the past and could not get it to work. I'm not sure what to tell you to do as a work around. The next time I do an ADP job I will write up an article on this.

CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

Thanks, Charles. That did it. I changed the criteria from "effective date of AL_ALA_DATA is report's effective date" to a list, where ANY can be true, either 1. "effective date....." or 2. effdt is null. Thanks, again.

Cool, can you email me a screen print of your selections.

Charles AT CharlesCook.com

C
Thanks

CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back