Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outdialling on Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrote

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
GB
I have an option 11c with Mail 12. I want to use the mail to dial out to a remote location to allow me to re-record numerous announcments and menus.

I have changed the restriction and permission lists to allow my number and ensured that the NCOS (LD49, FCR) of the mail agents allows this number aswell. I have also checked for any translations in the CDP, SPN or DGTs.

When I ask mail to dial out from , say, an announcment I enter the number, including the access code and it returns, almost instantly an error code 10903.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scrote

As I know for an outgoing call via MMail you need to program Thru Dial service in voice administration menu/. In this case you can assign an incoming trunk to DN 7001(Thru dial service)and make a call to an extension or dial access code to an outgoing trunks(depends from restrictions).
Regards

Thanks for the speedy reply. I found the problem, the SCN settings in the Channel Allocation Table were wrong. Once I changed these to be in line with the SCNs programmed on the Virtual Mail agents it all worked fine.

Scrote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back