Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OutCalling Setup for Local user

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlevine

MIS
Jul 21, 2002
US
Hello….

Having a quandary with getting Remote Notification to work with our Skytel Service.

In the Remote Fields section under Local Voice User. The Target 1 DN is set for Skytel’s 800# (Numeric paging) From here it gets a bit washy for me. With the 800 serice I would use the PID method for the pager.. So I thought I would user the "Service" option.

Next option would be RN type CallBack or Callback&Callernum? Not sure which I should use. Next off , I put my “pin” into the Pager ID # section

The COS is set up for OutCalling, did some testing, and I can call another internal # no prob with this system. I have a feeling Max might be getting lost with the voice prompts at Skytel.

They work basically like.. Call the 800# Enter PIN hit # type Numeric Message.. hit # hang up.

Thoughts on my setup? If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks

Make sure you allow the Mail system to dial the 1800 number. I would check your Restriction and Permission list for outcalling. Since you can set it up to call internally, I would say that the Mailbox is configured properly. Good Luck

FYI: In SEER you can find out what is causing outcalling to fail.

Go to LD-80 and do a call trace to see what digits are leaving your switch....Don't forget to put the 9 or whatever access code you use ahead of the 800.
I use my users own DID as the call back number or for the users that don't have a DID I set up a back door pointed to the Vm with a greeting saying "Welcome to MSRC's Voice Messaging System please press one now" When they press one then Meridian Mail answers and prompts them to log in. I guess you could always use 7000 as the call back number. Everybody pretty much is used to 7000 representing Meridian Mail

Jaye Kilburn
T/IS Dept.
Marine Spill Response Corp.
Southern Region

on meridian mail. looks like your almost there...paging service is what to pick./ and as you toggle this field by space bar you' ll see that you get another field for your pin# you need to also select call back ,,,not callback and callback no. just callback/and make sure you have outcalling channelss..youprob. do have 2....

Thank you guys, I am still hitting a snag. After following Chaosnla thoughts..

After I re-enble, and do a test msg. I got back in to see the Note say: Off_Due_to_bad_DN

Now, I am putting a 9 infront of the 800 and 888 numbers and I can dial them ok with the phones (Does Mail have its own outcaling restrictions?)

Extra info.

Pager Term=#
Data Separator=*

Now in the More Details screen for Setup

Period 1:
Target 1:DN 91800~ (Skytel main #) Service is Highlighted
RN Type: Callback Pager ID:(my PIN)

Now the issue with the 800# is that it requires the "#" key to "enter" some prompts vs my direct 888 number.

So not sure which might be easier for my switch.

Thanks guys!!!

MAIL DOES HAVE ITS OWN SECURITY PARAMETERS. THY ARE IN THE RESTRICTION PERMISION AREA OF MAIL. YOU PROB HAVE SOME THING THAT LOOKS LIKE

YOU NEED TO PUT IN ,,,, UNDER PERMISION CODES 91XXX-XXXX
FOR THESE BEEPERS. THEN THE SYSTEM WILL LET YOU DIAL THEM

chaosnla (Programmer) is right - if you need help finding restriction/permission list let us know

OK, thank you for that heads up.. managed to find the restriction section. I have added both the 888 and the 800 numbers for my 2 dialing options.. the next step is to teach the switch to push out a # indicator to help is "naviagte" enought to leave a numeric|accept the default number

Again Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back