Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outcalling not working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sys85

Vendor
Jul 12, 2012
US
IP Office 500v2 new with R8.0.44 and C110 Preferred Edition Module. Setup a huntgroup vm box and used option 6 via the TTI. New voicemails are not being outcalled. Outcalling is working for users, but not huntgroups.

Never has worked for groups so use a vm box of a virtual user.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Intrigrant, thanks for the response, but it does work on Essential and Preferred Editions. I have it working on my production IPO500V2 and it worked from R7.0 all the way to R8.1. I also have it working at other new customer sites on R8.0.44 and R8.1.43. This situation is new to me. I am going to try another huntgroup at this customer site and see if it fails on that as well. Thanks anyway.

I think you must be mistaken Essential edition is embedded VM only which does not provide any Out calling
I believe intrigrant is correct that this is not supported on group mailboxes (although I suspect there may be ways to fiddle it) The suggestion to use a phantom mailbox is a trivial task to set-up so I really would advise against trying to configure an unsupported scenario.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Fellow IP Office Tek Tips members. IPO Essential and Preferred absolutely supports Outcalling as a standard feature. My issue is that in this customers circumstance, R8.0.44 this huntgroup does not work. It lets me use the TTI to setup the Outcalling via the option 6, but it does not launch the call. A standard mailbox is working. I have the huntgroup working and have tested it on my company production machine and have been using it since R7.0 in Essential and Preferred Editions.

Outcalling does not excist for groups, only users.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Outcalling does exist. Read the documentation. Found the issue. The customer configured the huntgroup voicemail with forward to email and not copy. Therefore all voicemails were immediately being sent to the customers email box and not even left in the voicemail box. Changed that to copy and problem resolved. Outcalling is now working. BTW for all of you that said that outcalling does not work on Embedded or even on VM Pro for huntgroups, please understand that this is a standard feature now. Has been if not from the beginning almost the beginning of IPO for VM Pro. For embedded for several years now.

Show nee where this is documented please.
All I could find was for users only.

BAZINGA!

This is new information to me (Especially out calling on embedded) but I shall be double checking my documents

+ * given for updating me on a new feature that I had missed.

Sys85, thanks for this post. Seems to have enlightened many of us.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

Below is a R7 Essential Edition instructions on outcalling. As far as huntgroups, it works. On VM Pro it has for years as far as I know. It was new with R7 on the Essential/Embedded.

1.6 Outcalling
You can have the voicemail system call a number that you have set whenever you receive a new message. This option is
only supported on systems running IP Office Release 7.0 or higher. Embedded voicemail outcalling only supports a single
destination number with no escalation and no time profiles.
Outcalling Listen to settings
Set destination number and timeout
Switch outcalling off
Switch outcalling on
Each outcalling call alert will ring for a duration that you can set, the default is 15 seconds. If the call is not answered, it
will end the call. If the outcalling call is answered, you will be prompted to enter your mailbox access code . If you don't
have an access code set, it will ask for your extension number instead. The outcalling call is ended if:
· You press *# to indicate that you do not want any more outcalling calls for the current new messages.
· You enter the wrong access code 3 times.
· More than 5 minutes passes with no response.
Up to 4 outcalling calls are attempted, with a minimum of 15 minutes between calls, unless you answer and press *# or
access your mailbox by another method. If you receive any more new messages in the meantime they do not restart the
outcalling attempts.
To Set Your Outcalling Destination
1.Log in to your mailbox .
2.Press *07 to access your outcalling settings.
3.Press 1.
4.Press 2 for number entry.
5.Press 1 and then enter the number which you want outcalling to call. Remember to include any external dialing
prefix that you would normally dial to make the call.
· A * in the number is treated as a pause (1.5 seconds) in the dialing.
· To enter a # into the number, dial *#.
· You can also use internal numbers as your outcalling destination. The calls will follow any internal forwarding
and will honor do not disturb. However the outcalling attempt is ended if the call goes to voicemail.
6.Press # to finish number entry.
To Set Your Outcalling Timeout
The timeout control how long the outcalling call will ring the destination number before hanging up if not answered. The
default is 15 seconds.
1.Log in to your mailbox .
2.Press *07 to access your outcalling settings.
3.Press 1.
7.Press 3 for timeout entry

Now the question is does outcalling work for users in Basic Edition (8.0)? Or must I have standard IPO with Essential (7.0 and higher of course)

MRoberts

Regarding Basic Edition, the answer is yes. I copied and pasted this from the IPO R8.0 Matrix on "Worksheet 21. IPO Basic & PARTNER Mode".

• Embedded Voicemail Outcalling Notification – 1 number / 3 attempts

So the set up is the same except dialing 777 to access the box, then *07 to access outcalling programming?

MRoberts

That is my understanding. I have not tested it on Basic or PARTNER version, but it is documented. Good luck.

Back in the beginning, you had to add a P8005551212 in the source number of the user or hunt group to set-up outcalling. Then, in vmpro you set to outcalling schedule which was system-wide. Much more user friendly and flexible now.

I just was reading the 8.1 voicemail pro admin guide and it only mentions explicitly user mailboxes and no huntgroup mailboxes.
This does not mean that it does not work but it is not supported so it might stop working in the future.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back