Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outcall notification not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieCurie

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
US
I have a remote site which has one mailbox with non-functioning outcall notification. It is an S8100 connected remotely to an Octel 350 system. The class of service for this box has outcalling allowed. The area code wherein the Octel is located is 561. I wasn't sure if these were foreign or local NPAs to each other, so I tried the outcall number both with and without the "1". I have set up a test mailbox to look exactly like this, except it calls to my number. The test box works. Can someone help? Thanks in advance for any help!

Number: 7454
Mailbox Number: 7454
Mailbox Name:
Department:
Subscriber's Extension: 7454
Attendant Destination: 7450
Calling Group: 0
Class of Service: 1
Outcalling Auth. Code:
Outcall Phone No.: 305xxxxxxx
Pager Type: 0 - No Paging
Caller Prompting: 1 - Full
Message Waiting Allowed: Y
Mailbox Lang.: 1 - American Eng (Mar)
New Temporary Password:
Unheard Message Reminder: N

what software level is the 350 at ? and did you program the number from the tui or just put the number in the mailbox profile ?

Thank you, it is working. It turns out that it had been working, but the office manager wasn't pleased with the system, and so kept complaining. Good times.

Marie Curie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back