Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound Transfer port configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

brushmrw

Technical User
Apr 18, 2007
US
Howdy,
I'm new to the group and would appreciate some help. We have a call pilot voice mail system and I have set up a few users with the outbound transfer feature to have calls transferred to cell, home etc. When we first set up the system we restricted the VM port to certain area cods to minimize fraud. I need to add an area code to the VM port for the feature to work and for the life of me I can't remember where that is located.. Thoughts?

We have a BCM 2.5 (old school) and call pilot 04.2.

Thanks.

You would change that in the RPL. Restricted Permission List.

Thanks,

I have checked all the restriction filters which seem to be correctly configured to block 411, 555 1212, 900, 978 ect. My guess is I'm looking in the wrong place and the documentation doesn't show anything about RPL. Is it on the call pilot side or the BCM?

It is on the call pilot side. Once your logged in, the home screen has 7 tabs across the top.

Home User System Maintenance Messaging Tools Help

It is under the messaging tab.

Eddie, you're talking M1 call pilot and Brush wants BCM call pilot.

Brush. you need to ensure that the call pilot ports have access to the line pools. You also need to enable outbound transfer in the mailbox class. Finally, you need to set the outdial within the necessary mailbox to either line pool (1=a, 2=b etc) or route (if PRI).

That should set you up.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Correct, I am working with the BCM Call Pilot. The mailbox that I'm have the trouble with will work correctly if I change the outgoing phone number to an area code that I know is set up on the switch. I just need to add the new area code to the system.

Thanks for your help. I know it is something straight forward, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Make certain your PBX is not restricting that particular area code. If it is a new one, it might not be allowing the call to dial out. Also, make certain the Mailbox Class is looking at the RPL that you are allowing to dial this area code.

I really appreciate everyones' help. For clarity this is an old area code that I wanted to put on our switch. The PBX allows outbound transfer to other area codes. I am still having a devil of a time finding the RPL for the BCM call pilot.

I believe that is where the problem is.

Check your destination codes within the BCM. You should see Area Codes defined. If not there, then you will need to check the Restriction Filters and either add an override or remove the restriction for the Area Code you want.

Check the CP application DN's and modify the restriction filter applied to those ports.

That should set you up.

Well I checked the destination codes and the area codes are not defined there as far as I can tell. The restriction filters only have 011 411 5551212 etc so I don't think that area code is being blocked in the restriction filter.

I'm beginning to feel real dumb here. All of the restriction filters I have check block certain numbers, where in the system to you set permissable numbers. I have looked for the RPL and can't find it on this version.

This might help.

known problem with CallPilot Call Transfers
The End of Dial (EOD) timer controls how much time the trunk has to outpulse all the digits of the number it’s trying to call. Call transfer cannot be completed until the End of Dial (EOD) timer has expired. If the End of Dial (EOD) timer is set too high the CallPilot Call Transfer Timer expires before the transfer completes.

Try decreasing the EOD timer to a more suitable amount of time – 4096

Also verify the following setting on the route:

ICOG – IAO
TRMB – Yes
DLTN - No

Jeff

Yet it works with other users. When you hit 7 to make the transfer the system repsonds with "the caller is unavailable" if I change the outbound dial number to a different area code it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back