Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OUTBOUND TRANSFER FROM CCR TREE/MAILBOXES

Status
Not open for further replies.

panhead13

Vendor
Apr 16, 2004
US
I have a NAM's Voicemail 4.0.04C with 14 channels. Four are available for outdial. The first outbound transfer will go thur. The second and third outbound transfers get a "party not available or busy signal", and the process begins again, 1 out next two no go's, 1 out next two no go's etc. I do not think it is the voicemail, but the MICS.

The MICS has a software version of 30BKG02 NAT. I'm thinking this to be 5.0 software and know they have trouble with off-premise notification.

Please confirm my thinking or provide any corrections to my thinking.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Have they always had trouble with Message Notification?

Did you always have Four channels for outbound?

Have you reviewed your MB Outdial method?

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Unforutanly i did not install or program this system. I am working with a system installed by "as the client said" someone that did not know much about it.

They are not using message notification and never have. We setup the CCR Tree for 1 digit external transfer to their answering service. We also setup the general delivery mailbox for outbound transfer to the answering service.

No, It was left at defualt of 1 oudial channel. I changed to 4 and yes i did reboot the system after the changes.

The third ?, i'm not sure what you are asking. They have a PRI and yes the routing code is included in the phone number.

We setup another system just the same way and i did install an program this system with no problems, but it was 6.0 for MICS and 4.1 for voicemail

Thanks

You gave me the answers I was was looking for.

The 4.0 had problems- any of the ones I had- I upgraded them to 4.1

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

I have other 4.0 voicemails that we have programmed for outbound transfer, message notification and DID's direct to Guest mailboxes. I have had no trouble with these voicemails unless the voicemail was working with a MICS 5.0.
I know if I have a MICS 5.0, upgrading the voicemail to 4.1 will not work, been there and done that. I also know that the MICS 6.0 will not work with the 4.0 voicemail, it has to be upgraded to 4.1

I can not find my conversion chart to determine the correct version of the MICS and I have trouble reading fine print even with my glasses.

If I need to upgrade both systems, I need to let the client know from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back