Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound Transfer and/or Set ONE outbound number to transfer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlune

Technical User
Nov 1, 2007
US
I have a nortel ICS system. I'm running Norstar Meridian M7310 phones. I can not transfer to anything besides an extension. I have an off-site voice mail system. The voice mail system is accessed by dialing a regular phone number. I need to be able to transfer a caller, utilizing the transfer button, to this phone number. I do not need to transfer a caller to any other phone number. Apparently my ICS system does not have outbound transfers turned on. I read a few articles on here about maybe having to setup a route and all that good stuff. Now, I am the type that will sit here and brute force my way through it, but, I've spent some time on this and definitely need some help. I'm hoping for a solution besides "Call a tech/programmer". I'm somewhat savvy, but have little experience with what abbreviations mean what when I get into the system.

Any suggestions and solutions are greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Jared

Do you have all 5 lines on your telephone or at least 2 intercom buttons?

Jerry - If I press 9, I get "Invalid Entry", also, I don't need to dial "9" to get an outside line.

I have all 5 lines on the telephone, and I have 1 intercom button. I'm using Meridian M7310 phones.

I'll bet if you had 2 intercom buttons and had a 9 as the line pool code for pool A, and all 5 lines are in pool A it would work. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Before that try, pressing Transfer, than press 1 of your 5 lines, dial outside Vmail and press Join.

Harlune do what my thread says if u want it 2 work its not very difficult 2 set up...

Dewey - "Transfer Denied"

Norstarboy125 - Can you please link me to your thread?

I've searched for it and can't find it, could you please link it?

Go to Line Access for DN25, and find Pool Access, and make sure that you have POOL A = Y

For unit 25 - POOL A = Y is what it says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back