Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound-to-Outbound Call Transfer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duaneness

Technical User
Apr 12, 2001
US
I am the phone guy for two call centers. They are both primarily outbound. We have a client who wants initial contact with the respondent to be personal, from an agent. Then at some point, the respondent can choose to finish the survey via our IVR system, which is housed in a third facility. Can the Definity (G3V6) transfer an outbound call to another outbound call? I can conference the two together with the agent, but as soon as the agent hangs up, the the calls drop. Having the agent sit there, muted, listening to the respondent complete the IVR portion is not an option. They need to continue making other calls.

Can this even be done? If so, how?

Thanks in advance -

- Duaneness

Duaneness, I've attached just the explanation of OTTOTT as I think this is what you're looking for. Additional information can be found at or if you'd like to leave me your email address I can send you the Adobe Acrobat file that I found the info. in. I hope this gets you on the right track anyway! Good luck!

Transfer — Outgoing Trunk to
Outgoing Trunk
Outgoing Trunk to Outgoing Trunk Transfer (OTTOTT) permits a controlling party
(such as a station user or attendant) to initiate two or more outgoing trunk calls
and then connect the trunks. This operation removes the controlling party from
the connection and conferences the outgoing trunks. Alternatively, the controlling
party can establish a conference call with the outgoing trunks and then drop out
of the conference, leaving only the outgoing trunks on the conference.
NOTE:
This is an optional enhancement to Trunk-to-Trunk Transfer and requires
careful administration and use. Distributed Communication System (DCS)
Trunk Turnaround may be an acceptable and safer alternative to this
feature.
OTTOTT allows calls to be established in which the only parties involved are
external to the switch and are on outgoing trunks. This type of call can result in
locked-up trunks, such as trunks that cannot be disconnected except by
busying-out and releasing the affected trunk circuit. To clear the lockup, a
service technician must reseat the trunk board, or busy-out and release the
affected trunk.

Janny -

Please email the document to thephoneguy@marketfacts.com.

Thanks!

- Duaneness

Duane,
On the first page of the trunk group form toward the bottom you will see an option called disconnect supervision. Change out? from n to y and you should be able to transfer your calls without any problems.

If you want to keep control on this:

- put the field "Trunk-to-trunk transfer" on the system
parameters page to NONE
- create a COS with the field "Trk-to-trk Transfer
Override" to YES.
- Give the people that are allowed to do this the new COS
and all is done.

Thanks for the tip kcphoneguy. I was trying this for weeks but didn't know that I had to put this field to Yes.

Erik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back