Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OUTBOUND MAIL IN QUEUES

Status
Not open for further replies.

isce0

Technical User
Oct 5, 2005
US
HI,
I'm a noob..
Ever since we got a new cisco 1800 router and a T1 line, we are not able to send emails out of the company. We can send to local computers. We can receive emails no problem, but there are emails in the smtp queues that are active and retrying. I've already tried deleting them, but new ones would still be sitting there. All our stuff goes through MessageSecure. Is this problem common and does it even have anything to do with the new router and t1 line? IT professionals from Compushare took a look and they don't know what's going on yet. They looked at it for 3 days already.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Also, is it possible to hook up the T1 directly to the server? I wanted to bypass the router to see if the router is causing the problem.

You can receive emails no problem,so i think your problem should be your mail server,but not your router and T1.

You should check your mail server configuration carefully or try other mail servers to work

If all of your mails out of your company can't send out,then I can conclude that your mail server must have wrong configuration.

If some of your mails can't send out,then maybe your mail server's ip address or subnet which it belongs to should be spammed

It's normal that you can send mails to local computer but can't send out.

thank you for your reply, the router couldn;t find the dns server because the router wasn't set up at the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back