Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound CLID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor Stuart

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2017
CA
I'd like when I dial out the Caller ID that people see for me is my local DID number, rather than my PRI's lead number...

In my system currently setup, Entry 0 allows DIDN - and the HNTN/HLCL match this number.

ENTRY 0
HNTN 780
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL 4869
DIDN YES
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

The TN for my line is
KEY 00 SCR #### 0 MARP

from what I understand this means my TN is using CLID list 0, which does allow caller ID outbound...
Is there something else I might need to set in the Option 11c so that the correct number shows up when I make a call?
If it matters my extension is 4 digits, I just changed the numbers to # in the TN info above...

if this is Canada then isn't your HLCL too long? If you are wanting to use the DN for the last 4 digits then area code 780 under the HNTN and HLCL is the next 3 digits and the 4 digit DN completes the CLI. If you enable DCH messaging in LD 96 you can see what you are sending. Guessed at Canada as I am currently configuring something in area code 780.

Do you have 3 digit or 4 digit extension numbers? If 4 digit then HLCL should be XXX. Also keep in mind that your carrier has to allow this.

You can set up all the CLID tables you want but if the carrier is tagging it with the Main # it will never work. The carrier has to allow this as well as the PBX set up

If your lead DDI number is being published, then be aware, in a lot of countries it is the local exchange that is generating the CLID not the local PBX. Unless you are subscribing to a service provider permitting this feature, then you are going to be stuck with what you have. Several providers will NOT permit any un-owned CLIDs from being transmitted. As proof of the pudding, try setting a call forward from your desk phone to your mobile. Now ring the DDI number of your desk set from another mobile phone.. Most people would expect to see the originators (mobile) CLID presented in your mobile, but I bet it shows your lead DDI number.

The likes of Gamma (SIP Service) will pass any thing you care to send them. The liks of BT will generate the lead DDI as CLID from the local exchange, the likes of Vodafone (SIP) will create a table reflecting your inbound DDI ranges as acceptable CLID presentations, but will send UNKNOWN or the lead DDI as the calling line ID for anything NOT published in the table. A lot has to do with the regulations over PSAP database .. emercency services geographical location facilities, so that the "dead mans call" can be correctly geo-located by the emergency services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back